Beard Grooming Service Coming Soon!
Category : Men
Thinking about growing a beard? Well, you are not alone, it’s all the rage at the moment, and we are Rock Paper Scissor are excited to announce that COMING SOON:
We will be offering beard grooming! Watch this space!
Beard grooming is skill which we do not take lightly, which is why our head stylist Carina Allen, is currently completing a course in how to help men with facial hair keep it styled and looking gorgeous week after week.
And what would a grooming session be without and ear and nose hair wax? Yip, that’s included in the beard trimming package! Excited, yet? We are!
And don’t forget about our February promotions, designed to make you feel special.
In the mean time, here is some awesome advice for grooming your beard from GQ magazine:
- Do: “If you want to sculpt super-close, there’s no alternative to a straight razor. Buy one from The Art of Shaving and they’ll tell you everything you could possibly need to know to avoid a Sweeney Todd situation. A number of regular razors come with a single blade on the back for sculpting,”
- Don’t: “It seems like a no-brainer, but so many guys treat shaving like a race and end up with nicks. Take the few extra seconds to add water to your shaving cream for an extra-smooth shave, and always go with the grain.”
- Do: “Use a hot towel to open the pores before you sculpt and a cold towel—or a cold rinse—to close your pores after. This keeps ingrown hairs, redness, and nicks in check.
- Don’t: “Never squeeze ingrown hairs like they’re pimples. Dirt in your nails can lead to infection.”
- Do: “When you have an ingrown hair, put a hot towel on your face, disinfect the spot with some alcohol, take a tweezer, and go at it. Grab the hair as close to the base as possible to pull the bulb out. If you yank it from the top, you’ll just split the hair in half, and then you’re screwed.”—As told to Stelios Phili