With a Great Beard, Comes Great Responsibility
Category : Men
To grow or not to grow…
The biggest decision to make at first is, do you want a beard or not. This decision is a personal one and should in most cases be made by what you want and not influenced by others opinions. This is especially true in the first couple of weeks when you are letting your beard grow out.
Growing a beard is an expression of freedom and creativity and will definitely need a bit of commitment on your part. A beard needs attention and care if you want to look your best. There are certain things you can do to make your beard healthy and looking great.
Here are a few tips to help you with growing your beard:
- It seems everyone is in agreement that the number one key to a great beard is patience and commitment. Growing your beard in the first 4-6 weeks, you must resist the urge to try and trim or shape it. The reason behind this is to allow the hair to grow more evenly and in the end will help you to choose the best style for your face shape.
- After the four weeks or so are up you are ready to start shaping your beard. Deciding on what shape or style to choose can be difficult, try to go for something that will complement your face shape.
Here is a link that offers some great advice on shapes and other tips to keep your beard in tip top shape.
- Ensure you get yourself a high quality beard trimmer and scissors, because you will be using this equipment quite a lot. Trimming or pruning your beard is important even if you want to grow it out.
- Paying a visit to a professional barber or stylist is a great option to start with if you don’t feel up to trimming and shaping your beard for the first time. They can also help with giving the best neck line at the bottom of your beard around the neck area.
Rock Paper Scissors will be offering Beard Trimming SOON – watch this space!
- Using a gentle natural shampoo, wash your beard regularly but not too often. Every second day should be fine so as not to strip the hair of essential oils needed for optimum strength and shine. Gently pat your beard dry, being too rough may cause split ends.
- After drying your beard you can work in some beard oils, this will help to keep your beard shinier, softer and more manageable.
- Daily use of a beard comb or brush will help contain stubborn hairs.
- Starting a daily facial routine with cleansing, scrubbing and moisturizing will help to remove any impurities and give a better overall complexion.
- Last but not least if you want the best looking beard you must make sure you look after yourself inside as well as out. Eating a good diet with more healthy fats and proteins is a good way to grow the best beard for you.
One minute beard grooming video.