HOW TO RESCUE YOUR DRY HAIR
Category : Hair
This summer has been very harsh. Along with the relentless heat and the drought we are experiencing here in Cape Town, our hair is also suffering. The good news is that there are a few things you can do to help replenish the lost moisture from your locks.
Here are our salon’s 10 PRO TIPS for rescuing your dry hair.
- Resist the urge to wash your hair every day. It strips your hair from its natural oils.
- When you do wash your hair, let it air dry rather than applying heat to it.
- Avoid over-styling. Again, the application of heat will suck out all moisture.
- Wear a hat or a head scarf if you are going out in the sun. Just like the UV rays from the sun are harmful to your skin, it’s also damaging to your hair.
- Sleep with leave-in conditioner in your hair.
- Apply a hair mask. Ask our stylist for a product from our professional range, or make your own by mashing an avocado and 2 tbls of olive oil.
- Apply moisture replenishing oils like coconut oil and argon oil to your hair every few days, and especially if you are styling your hair.
- Go get a head massage. Massaging increases circulation which brings more oxygen and nutrients to the hair roots and even normalises oil production.
- Eat nutrient rich foods such as nuts and seeds and drinking enough water. Make sure you get enough zinc in your diet.
- Make a hair spritz. Mix floral water and glycerin in a spray bottle and spritz your hair a few times a day on really hot, dry days.
If the state of you hair feels like it’s beyond repair, why not contact us for a bit of TLC for your follicles? Rock Paper Scissors can offer you a fabulous hair treatment and reshaping / trim to get rid of dry ends.
Browse our Hair Design Menu here.
Rock Paper Scissor is a hair and beauty salon located in the Graanendal Shopping Center in Durbanville. Call 021 9794292 for an appointment. Facebook.