Hair Extensions: Everything You Need to Know
Category : Hair
Do you feel like a change in hairstyle, but your hair seems to take forever to grow? Then hair extensions might be the perfect solution for you.
Hair extensions are methods of lengthening one’s hair by incorporating additional human or synthetic hair.
Hair extensions can add volume and length to your hair instantly. They are advertised and readily available everywhere. This might also be your first time thinking about getting hair extensions, so what are the things you need to know?
Should you get synthetic or real human hair extensions?
The human hair option should be the first choice as it just looks more natural, blends in better and lasts much longer, but you’ll have to see it as an investment as costs quite a bit more. The synthetic hair tends to look artificial and is easily damaged by heat. Having said that, the synthetic option might be for you if you only want to use it for a short period of time or for a special occasion as it is the cheaper option.
Paying a bit extra is worth it if you want to keep your extensions in for a longer time and be able to treat it as you would your normal hair. Hair extensions are in high demand so be careful where you buy from and where the actual product comes from.
“When getting your extensions you get what you pay for in terms of quality.”
What method for hair extensions are there?
There are many different types of methods for hair extensions. To choose one depends on your type of hair and how much you would like to spend. Find a stylist that has experience and knowledge in hair extensions. The last thing you need is badly installed extensions which can be damaging to your natural hair.
- Clip in hair extensions: These basically just clip into your natural hair and you can take them out whenever you want. These can last up to two years if looked after properly.
- Keratin Hair extensions: This method bonds your hair with a keratin tip. The bond is quite strong and can last for two or more months. Maintenance is easy and you can treat your hair as you would normally.
- Weave or sew-in extensions: The hair is sewn into a tightly woven braid of your own hair.
- Tape extensions: Your hair is placed in between two pieces of bio adhesive tape and can last for about 6-8 weeks.
- Micro-ring hair extensions or micro-links: Strand by strand method of placing your hair through a metal cylinder or bead. No heat or glue is used and can last for up to about 4 months.
What is Remy hair?
I found this term pop up a lot with hair extensions. Basically this type of extension is the finest hair you can purchase. The hair is aligned perfectly and the cuticles are intact. This makes the hair look completely natural in appearance.
How do I care for my extensions?
Taking care of your hair extensions is an ongoing process and doing it correctly will ensure that it lasts longer and looks great. [READ MORE]
Be prepared for…
When getting your hair extensions be prepared to spend at least 3-4 hours, unless you go for the EASIPRO HAIR option at the salon. EASIPRO HAIR takes just 45 minutes to an hour to install.
CALL US AT 021 9794292 FOR A QUOTE.
Prices for hair extensions can be anything from a couple of hundred rand to a couple of thousand rand, depending on the type and method of hair extension. There is also a lot of care that goes into maintaining your extensions to make them look good and last longer.
“ Love is telling someone their hair extensions are showing.” Natasha Leggero