Category : Hair
Due to many factors, many people suffer from thinning hair and are always looking for ways to make their hair look thicker, while you also have those with naturally thin hair. In either case, most are looking for a bit of volume and thickness. There are shampoos and other products out there that say they help with thinning hair. There are also volumizing products that give you that extra oomph, but what actual hairstyles are out there that will make your hair look thicker?
First let’s look at some reasons for thinning hair.
- Hereditary conditions and diseases
- Vitamin deficiencies
- Excessive coloring of hair and applied heat
Most times good nutrition and using some excellent products can help to thicken hair out. This is where different hairstyles come into play. Are there different styles and tricks that can give volume to your hair? The primary aim of these hairstyles, is to take your attention off the thickness of the hair and focuses on other points, like highlights. Some hairstyles or tricks can make your hair look thicker even without a cut or any kind of treatment. Although, if you do have thinning hair, medium to shorter hair is considered to add more volume than longer hair.
Some of the shorter hairstyles that will make your hair look thicker
The classic Bob, this hairstyle can be cut in a few different ways. You can create a messed-up look, that works great for those who just want to shower and go. Then there is the angled or inverted bob, which is one of the more popular styles today. The style is also versatile and can be an option for slightly longer hair. Next, is the shaggy lob, which works well with longer layers and can add nice volume and movement into the hair. There are a few other options as well from A-line to layered, short and long bobs.
“Sorry I can’t hear you over the volume of my hair”
The pixie cut might be a bit of a drastic change for many, but this hairstyle can be a fun and trendy decision. Adding to all these hairstyles so far, you can decide to include a fringe, which is also a great way to update your look and add dimension. The fringe is also great to help cover high foreheads as well as any wrinkles or a pimple that might be starting to show.
Hair that has a textured look with added techniques like highlights and layers, will add dimension. All of this distracts anybody from noticing thinner hair, by adding more volume and contrast. Have a look at these to see more details on hairstyles that will make you hair look thicker.
Here are some more techniques that could help make your hair look thicker
- When styling your hair, you usually part your hair to one side, which tends to become flat and naturally flips to that side all the time. To add volume, flip your hair to the opposite side, spray with some hair texture spray and there you have your extra volume.
- Oily hair is not good for those with thin hair, so a good volumizing shampoo and conditioner can help.
- The idea of using your conditioner first and then shampoo creates the texture needed to add volume to the hair. There are products that are on the market that are specifically sold like for this purpose.
- Avoid blow drying or using heat on your hair constantly, which can thin your hair out even faster.
- Using a small dollop of hair mousse can add some volume and texture your limp and thin hair. Apply from root to tip before blow drying.
- You can also purchase hair pieces or crown toppers. These are added into your own hair creating volume. The topper is specifically designed for those with thinning hair and are for those who don’t really need an entire wig. These toppers add just a little bit of extra coverage and fullness.